Imagine a Mexican meal that tastes amazing + fills you up without leaving you swollen and bloated (thanks, salt). Ta-da! Look no further, I’ve got you covered. This dinner absolutely screams summertime and I’m so excited to share it with you all!
All of these ingredients can/should be bought from Trader Joe’s! This meal fed 3 very hungry people and there were some leftovers.
- 1 bag Romaine lettuce
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 3 small avocados
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 bag frozen Cauliflower rice
- 1 can of reduced sodium black beans
- jar of salsa
- sour cream (optional)
- Chile Lime seasoning
- Chili powder
- Olive oil or avocado oil spray
- corn tortillas
- 3 bags frozen jumbo shrimp (peeled)
- 2 packages of chicken tenderloins
Chile Lime Shrimp and Chicken:
- Soak skewers for 30-45 min, then attach thawed shrimp. Place on foil-covered pan.
- Spray pans of shrimp and chicken with oil and season both sides.
- Grill at 350 degrees. Shrimp – 2 minutes each side. Chicken tenderloins – 4 minutes each side.
Pico de Gallo: chop up leftover roma tomatoes, sweet onion, and a small bunch of cilantro. Add juice from 1/2 a lime and a sprinkle of salt
Black beans: drain excess fluid and chill in a bowl before serving
Mexican-style riced cauliflower: Spray frying pan with olive oil and heat on medium high. Cook riced cauliflower for 5-7 minutes or until lightly brown. Season with chili powder and Chile lime seasoning.
Romaine lettuce “taco shells”: rinse, pat dry, cut off the end, and pull apart each separate leaf.
“Thank goodness I don’t have to hunt for my food. I don’t even know where tacos live.” – the letterfolk