With traveling comes temptation, and it’s important to be prepared. Vacations are the perfect opportunity to treat yourself — I encourage it, but I’d like to give my own tips on how to find your balance on the road & on the beach.
- When you “treat yourself,” mean it. – Instead of throwing in the towel from the get go, choose what you would like to splurge on ahead of time if possible. Be it the gelato after dinner, G+T on the beach, or that blueberry coffee cake in the a.m., pick what you want the most and enjoy it! For the rest of the day, do what you know + make healthy choices, I promise you won’t regret it.
- Don’t neglect exercise. – Traveling can throw a wrench into your workout schedule, so plan some outdoor activities (like hiking, biking, kayaking) and workouts that you can do with minimal equipment so that you can still get your sweat in! I recommend my Whole Body Circuit (no equipment necessary) and Leg + Glute Workout (bench/box and dumbbells required). You’ll feel more energized and will have plenty of time to rest at the beach 🙂
- Pack the GOODS. – Being stuck a car for countless hours can be boring, which can easily turn into mindless snacking. I am quite particular about the food I pack, being a person who has a long history of car sickness. For me, I need to stick with my usual diet and avoid oily/processed snacks that might upset my stomach. I also avoid any food with potent smells, because no one likes to open a stinky cooler.
- Favorite Car Snacks: Guacamole, GF pretzels (good for upset stomach), protein bars such as Perfect bar and Rx Bar, fruit, cheese sticks, yogurt, and raw veggies + hummus. Focus on picking food that is nutrient-dense and a good source of fiber or good fats like omega-3s.
- Favorite Meals: Chipotle, (pro tip: get it the night before), Panera, homemade salads, lettuce wraps or sandwiches. I recommend my Sauerkraut Sammie or a brown rice and chicken bowl from Chipotle.
- Favorite Drinks include bulletproof coffee, water(!!), Kombucha, and smoothies.
- Other necessities: pillow, blanket, Bulletproof Podcasts, sunglasses, boyfriend, and good weather.
- Relax + Enjoy. – Because that’s what vacations are all about. Smile more and worry less, it’s good for your heart 🙂
“Happiness is planning a trip to somewhere new with someone you love.”