For those of you that enjoyed my first cauliflower pizza recipe, I’ve got some good news for you. I’ve created a new recipe that is much lower in dairy (and subsequently, calories) and tastes even more delicious. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself! I am just tickled with this recipe and so excited to share.
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 t ghee
- 1 1/2 T Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- Italian seasoning
- steak seasoning
- low fat mozzarella (or your preferred pizza cheese)
- Pizza sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Tomato Basil Marinara)
- 1 1/2 chicken sausage links
- sweet onions and mushrooms (cooked earlier for meal prep)
- Olive oil
- Heat riced cauliflower in the microwave for three minutes, then drain and squeeze out excess water with towel.
- Heat oven on broil.
- In a bowl, mix 2 eggs, nutritional yeast, ghee, sprinkle of steak and italian seasonings and riced cauliflower until consistent.
- Heat cast iron skillet on the stove top with olive oil for about two minutes. TIP: You can use less oil if you spread it around the skillet with a spatula (bottom and sides).
- Pour crust into the skillet. Use a spatula to spread the crust around to desired thickness. I took my crust up the sides a little bit (kind of like a deep dish-style pizza). Let the crust cook for 4 minutes or until liquid starts rising to the top.
- Place the crust in the oven for about 2 minutes or until there is no more liquid on top. TIP: do not cook until golden brown, you will end up overcooking it!
- Take the crust out and add pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Place back in the broiler until cheese is melted. This took about 3 minutes for me.
- Top the skillet with arugula and a sprinkle of italian seasoning and enjoy!
“Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” – Rumi